Mrs Brand is our Anti-Bullying Champion
What is Bullying?
‘Bullying is behaviour by an individual or group, repeated over time, that intentionally hurts another individual or groups either physically or emotionally’. (DfE, 2011)
Bullying damages children’s physical and mental health, including their self-confidence and ability to build and sustain healthy, successful and positive relationships. Bullying undermines the ability to learn and concentrate and can impact on children’s chances of achieving their full potential at school and later in life. Bullying causes harm to those who bully, those who are bullied and those who observe bullying.
At Burrowmoor we believe that all children have the right to learn in an environment where they feel safe.
Burrowmoor Buddies role in school is to:-
- Help children to get along and play nicely at break and lunchtimes
- Support their peers at a buddy stop
- Be there for children who are lonely and need a friend
- Organise and teach playground games
- Talk though friendship problems
- Continue to make the playground a happy place to be for everyone